4th EUROPA INTERNATIONAL ROUNDTABLE ON FESTIVALS, LUXEMBOURG 2018
Thanks to Film Fund Luxembourg and Luxembourg City Film Festival, Europa International, the European organization for sales agents, sets up its “4th Roundtable on Festivals” from the 23rd to the 25th February 2018, during the 8th Luxembourg City Film Festival.
The objective is to continue the discussion initiated during the previous editions and to create a closer working relationship between two main actors in the industry, the sales agents and the festivals, key players for a film’s career.
A film needs a stamp to travel, and festivals are of particular importance for the sales agents’ business and international strategies. Festivals help raising a film’s recognition, raising awareness, and providing a stamp of differentiation.
The impact of film festivals on independent films is undeniable. Films need festivals to emerge in an increasingly competitive world of content. And festivals also need the best films to please both their audience and film professionals.
The roundtable consists of 3 work sessions, acting as a platform for exchange to discuss common standards and best practices to optimize the key relationship between sales companies and festivals, focused around three core areas:
- standardizing information requirements for festivals = common entry form
- harmonizing technical requirements
- optimizing the relationship between festivals, sales agents and talents
Friday, 23rd February (day 1)
14:00 – 17:00: Europa International working session Part 1
Saturday, 24th February (day 2)
10:00 – 13:00: Europa International working session Part 2
13:00 – 14:30: Lunch
14:30 – 17:30: Europa International working session Part 3
Sunday, 25th February (day 3)
A detailed agenda with the work sessions’ schedules, the Luxembourg City Film Festival’s activities (Mix & Match, dinners) and transportation info (pick-ups, transfers) will be sent later.
As you know, the number of companies attending and the number of seats for working sessions are limited. Please confirm interest asap. First come, first served.
- Let me know if you/your festival manager is interested in attending = Seat saved
- Book your travel and send it back to me = Officially registered
Travel and accommodation costs are covered.
- Travel costs: You need to book your own travel and will be reimbursed up to a maximum of 200 euros after the event to avoid no-shows.
- Accommodation costs: We will take care of the booking for your 2 nights including breakfast in Luxembourg. You will stay at the 4-star Hotel Meliá in Luxembourg.