Walk This Way is a Creative Europe / MEDIA supported project responding to action “Online Ready” packages of the call on Online Distribution: “Eligible activities are those consisting in assembling and delivering digital packages of European audiovisual works foreseen for online releases in countries where those works are not available on any distribution platform. It aims at improving their availability and visibility on VOD services provided in European and non-‐European countries”.
Walk This Way’s core objective is to broaden the exploitation of European films on new markets through cross-border Video on Demand (VoD) distribution.
The action consists in the aggregation and straight-to-VOD distribution of a diversified film catalogue (in terms of production value, country of origin and editorial line) on the most prominent VOD platforms in Europe and in other specific territories (Japan, United States, Canada and Latin America).
Through its diverse film collections, Walk This Way provides ready-made packages to global and local VoD platforms such as iTunes, Amazon, Sony, Microsoft, Google, Vudu, Filmin, Universciné and Sky.
A unique transevral offer
An editorially curated offer
- Elaboration of relevant collections of movies and Premium titles
- Walk This Way coordinates simultaneous releases on each territory
- A tailor-made line-up of films with ready-made packages brought to platforms
VoD Platforms Trade Marketing
- Ready-made encoded and subtitled packages for global and local VOD platforms
- Digital-friendly marketing actions and promotion tools
- Create dedicated marketing assets
- Generate visibility, awareness and prominence for European films on VoD platforms worldwide
- Films will be distributed on key digital platforms on territories where sales agents haven’t secured any distribution
- Films will benefit from transversal marketing and promotion with local components for specifically targeted countries
- 100 % of marketing costs will be covered by the grant
- 50% of technical expenses (including encoding and subtitling) are covered by the grant: the other 50% are paid by UMW and recouped after deduction of the distribution commission
- No cash investment is required from the sale agents
The consortium combines the experience of Under The Milky Way, an international leader in digital distribution and marketing, The Film Agency in coordinating European PR efforts, and Europa International, the main professional association of Sales Agents in Europe.
Associated international sales agents 2017
Altitude, Autlook Filmsales, Celluloid Dreams, Cercamon, Coccinelle, Doc & Film International, Elle Driver, Indie Sales, Memento Films International, Outplay, Pathé, Pluto Film, Picture Tree International, Stray Dogs, TF1 Studio, Upside, WT Films
Walk This Way brings an international VoD offer of best quality movies
- 280 releases estimated in 2017
- 34 films to be released in 47 countries in Europe and abroad
- Creation of 222 subtitles in 24 languages