Creative Europe offers opportunities for European organisations to increase the distribution of European films, as well as encouraging the development of links between the production and distribution sectors.
Opportunities exist in three main areas:
– Selective support, for groups of distributors to promote works of fiction;
– Automatic support, involving the generation of a potential fund and its reinvestment in co-production, acquisition of distribution rights, and the promotion of non-national European films;
– Support to sales agents, involving the generation of a potential fund and its reinvestment in sales agents, based on their performance, for further reinvestment in new non-national European films.
Selective and automatic support opportunities are open to European cinema/theatrical distributors.
Support to sales agents opportunities are open to the sales agents, companies specialising in the marketing or licensing of films.
ACCESS TO MARKETS
Creative Europe offers opportunities for European organisations to increase access to markets through a variety of means, including exchanges, increasing the visibility of works, or improving the circulation of works.
Opportunities exist for initiatives that provide:
– Access to physical markets;
– Online tools for professionals (such as a database of programmes or the development of tools);
– Common European promotional activities.
These may take the form of individual activities (single-action) or multiple activities (frameworks).