5th ANNUAL CONFERENCE – 17, 20 NOVEMBER 2016 – TALLINN, ESTONIA
Set The Trend !
Panel 1: Showcase Eye on Films
– Marco Urizzi (Project Coordinator, Eye on Films, FR) Showcase New Business Models Eye on Films
– Loïc Magneron (President, Wide, FR)
Panel 2: Set The Trend !
« Broaden the minds means engage, provoke, inspire, and ultimately connect”. Robert Redford, President and founder of Sundance Institute. In this spirit, Europa International – sales agents’ organization – conference “Set The Trend!” is curating and nurturing the film community by exploring new digital business models that give more value and lead to a win-win situation for all players from the cinematographic chain, to rethink and reboot films distribution due to the digital age.
“Set The Trend!” calls the European and American industries to question themselves about international distribution in digital age:
- What is the impact of the digital platforms on distribution?
- Is it possible to have a market balance between a theatrical release and a VoD release?
- What are the new business models and experimentations for digital distribution?
- How to improve distribution and festival life of the films in the digital world?
- Is there a need to rethink the content windowing?
- What are the new deals for the role of sales agents in the digital era?
- How do the sales agents position themselves, as right holders, along the classical cinematographic chain in the new digital world (work with distributors and producers vs work with exhibitors and VoD platforms)?
Chairman: Brian Newmann (CEO @ Sub-Genre, USA)
– Missy Laney (Film Strategist // Formerly Director of creative initiatives @ BitTorrent, Co-Director of Artist Services @ Sundance Institute, USA) Hi, I’m Missy
– Mirva Huusko (Sales Executive TV and Digital rights @ NonStop Entertainment, Sweden) NonStop
– Ivo Andrle (CEO @ AeroFilms, Czech Republic) AeroFilms
– Michael Gubbins (Co-founder @ SampoMedia, United-Kingdom) Exceptions Brands
– David White (CEO @ Shift72, Germany) Shift72 Powering the world’s digital entertainment
– Jaume Ripoll (Cofounder Editor-in-chief Development Manager @ Filmin, Spain, VP @ EuroVoD, France) FilmIn
– Barry Rebo (Managing Director @ Direct Cinema North America – DCNA, U.S.A) CineConductor: Content download platform for distributors and exhibitors